LanTEK III Series
- Sapphire Care Plan – Protection for your LanTEK II/III
- Permanent link adapter saves money
- Send test data anywhere using TREND AnyWARE app
- Professional PDF reports with free IDC software
- Certifies multimode and single-mode fibre (optional)
Test data when you want it, where you want it
Using the free TREND AnyWARE app, field technicians can share test data with colleagues or customers without leaving the jobsite, resulting in greater collaboration, more on-time job completions and reduced costs.
- New troubleshooting features that save time and money – Locate hidden connections, splices and cable faults using Time Domain Return Loss (TDRL) and Time Domain Crosstalk (TDX).
- New permanent link adapter saves money – Reduce down time and lower maintenance costs with field replaceable RJ45 contacts.
- New FiberTEK III modules (optional) – Tier 1 certification of fibre cabling eliminates the need for additional fibre testers. Available on 500MHz and 1000MHz models.
- Industry leading battery life – 18 hours of continuous testing without interruption.
- New test data software – Create powerful client reports quickly and easily from multiple testers using one PC application.
LANTEK III-500MHZ (INC. LINK ADAPTERS)
R161003 - LanTEK III-500. 500 MHz cable certifier for TIA/EIA category 6A / ISO class EA including Permanent Link adapters...
LANTEK III-500MHZ (EXCL. PL ADAPTERS)
R161001 - LanTEK® III-500. 500 MHz cable certifier for TIA/EIA category 6A / ISO class EA excluding Permanent Link adapters. Test
LanTEK III-500MHz - TRADE IN
TRADE161003 - Trade-In of any CAT5 (and higher) cable certifier to a LanTEK III-500MHz. 500 MHz cable certifier for TIA/EIA category 6
FIBERTEK III-MM LED KIT
R164005 - FiberTEK® III multimode (850/1300nm) kit with LED light sources for standard multimode fibre...
FIBERTEK III-SM LASER KIT
R164006 - FiberTEK III single mode (1310/1550nm) kit with laser light sources for single mode fibre...
FIBERTEK III-MM LED & SM LASER KIT
R164007 - FiberTEK III combination MM/SM kit with LED MM sources and laser SM sources...
LT III-RJ45 to RJ45 Patch Cord (Single)
6011-50-0001 - LanTEK III Copper Test Accessories. Compatible with LanTEK II. CAT6A Reference Patch Cord. Universal, fits any tester.
LT III/IV-CAT6A/8 PLA Replacement Tips (Pair)
R161050 - LanTEK III/IV Replacement Tips
LanTEK III Permanent Link Adapter (Single)
R161051 - LanTEK III Copper Test Accessories LanTEK III Cat. 5/6/6A RJ45 Permanent Link Adapter (Single). Please order in multipl
LT III-CAT6/5e RJ45 Channel Adapter (Single)
R161052 - LANTEK III Copper Test Accessories Category 5e/6 RJ45 Channel Adapter (Single). Please order in multiples of two unless
LT III-CAT6A RJ45 CHANNEL ADAPTER (SINGLE)
R161053 - LANTEK III Copper Test Accessories Category 5/6/6A High Performance RJ45 Channel Adapter (Single). Please order in mult
LT III-CAT7A TERA Channel Adapter (Single)
R161054 - LANTEK III Copper Test Accessories TERA Universal Adapter for 1 GHz (Single). Please order in multiples of two unless y
LT III-CAT7A EC7 Channel Adapter (Single)
R161055 - LANTEK III Copper Test Accessories EC7 Universal Adapter up to 1 GHz (Single). Please order in multiples of two unless
LT III-CAT7A GG45 Channel Adapter (Single)
R161056 - LANTEK III Copper Test Accessories LanTEK III Cat. 7A GG45 Universal Adapter (Single). Please order in multiples of two
LT III-COAX Adapter (Single)
R161057 - LANTEK III Copper Test Accessories Coax Adapter (Single) If you have previously purchased the 1019-00-0343 coax calibr
LT II/III/IV-Battery Pack (Single)
R161058 - LT II/III/IV-Battery Pack (Single)
LT III-Talk Set (Pair)
R161060 - LANTEK III Copper Test Accessories LanTEK III Talk Set (Pair). Compatible with LanTEK II.
LT III-Carrying Case (Single)
R161061 - LANTEK III Copper Test Accessories LanTEK III Replacement Carry Case (1). Compatible with LanTEK II.
LT III-COAX Calibration Cable (Single)
R161063 - LANTEK III Copper Test Accessories LanTEK III Coax Calibration Cable (Single). To be used with 2 x R161057.
Alien crosstalk kit
LANTEK10GBKIT - Alien crosstalk is the interference caused by a pair of wires in one cable inducing noise into other pairs of wires in a
Care Plan 1 Year
LANTEK-III-1Y - Careplan - 1 (one) year agreement for LANTEK® III for repair and calibration. Please click here for further details.
Care Plan 2 Year
LANTEK-III-2Y - Careplan - 2 (two) year agreement for LANTEK® III for repair and calibration. Please click here for further details.
Care Plan 3 Year
LANTEK-III-3Y - Careplan - 3 (three) year agreement for LANTEK® III for repair and calibration. Please click here for further details.
Power Supply / Charger
151051 - 1 x Power supply with EU/UK/US adaptor
Manuals, Software, Brochures, Approvals
Download and view the latest manuals, quick reference guides, firmware and software updates, and approvals. Registration is required.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Will LanTEK III support PL testing through CH adapters?A: No. This makes no sense since testing using CH adapters and patchcords actually is more expensive for CAT6A.
- Q: Will LanTEKII support PL testing through the new PL adapters?A: No, the LanTEK II hardware can not support the new PL adapters.
- Q: Do PL measurements of LanTEK III and LanTEK II give same results?A: Both devices are accurate to specs, but may give different test results. When testing permanent links, the test plug is part of the link and therefore will have an influence on test results. Since the PL adapters of LanTEK III have different electrical characteristics than a regular patchcord plug, there may be different test results, but again both are accurate to specs. Users may also see different test results when using patch cords since also patchcords can have different plug types.
- Q: Is TDX and TDRL specified as a mandatory test method in TIA568 or ISO 11801?A: No, however both methods are very useful to locate faults along the cable and therefore optional tests in LanTEK III.
- Q: Can I test end-to-end links and device-links with LanTEK III?A: Yes, both with LanTEK II and LanTEK III.
- Q: How many tests can I run with a set of PL tips?A: According to standards, an RJ45 plug must withstand 750 insertions which is achievable for a quality patch cord. The tips of the LanTEK III PL adapters are designed to withstand at least 2000 insertions under normal circumstances.
- Q: How often do I need to replace the PL adapters itself?A: TREND uses a high quality and very durable but still lightweight cable. Under normal use, this part has not to be replaced during the lifetime of the product.
- Q: Do I need to run a field calibration process to use the PL adapters?A: No. Unlike with LanTEK II, there is no field calibration necessary for PL testing.
- Q: When I buy a LanTEK III only, can I already use the tester?A: TREND offers configurations with and without test adapters so our customers have the freedom to choose whichever configuration best suits their needs. If you buy a LanTEK III only, thEn this tester will be shipped without adapters. This case makes sense only if you already have a stock of LanTEK II or LanTEK III adapters and do not need additional adapters.
- Q: Channel adapters are sold as single pieces, PL tips are sold as pairs – why ?A: When using channel adapters, it may happen that only one adapter gets damaged by a faulty patch cord. Therefore it makes sense to only offer single adapters. However, PL tips will only suffer wear due to a large number of insertions which most likely will always happen on both adapters , therefore both tips most likely will wear out same time. Therefore offering the tips as pairs makes more sense.
- Q: Can LanTEK III measure CAT8?A: LanTEK III does not support category 8 testing. The TIA approved its version of category 8 cabling in June 2016 and the field testing standard was approved in November 2016. The ISO standards organisation is expected to release the cabling specifications for its version of category 8 in October of 2017. However field testing specifications for important new category 8 tests that are defined in the IEC 61935-1-1 standard are not expected to be finalised until 2020. Currently the demand for category 8 cabling is very low, primarily due to its channel length limit of just 30 meters/98 feet. Category 8 is intended for data centre applications and even though it provides a cost effective 40Gb/s solution, many data centre operators are opting for OM4 or better multimode fibre which provides 40 and 100Gb/s to 125 meters/410 feet.
- Q: What cabling categories can I measure with LanTEK III ?A: Any category from CAT3 up to CAT6A with LanTEK III-500 and CAT3 to CAT7A with LanTEK III-1000.
- Q: Does LanTEK III have any troubleshooting functions?A: Yes. First of all, LanTEK III features a wiremap with distance to fault to locate severe faults. Secondly LanTEK III offers TDX and TDRL to locate crosstalk and return loss faults along the link. This enables users to locate even small issues.
- Q: Do you support cloud solutions?A: Yes, our system is open to many cloud solutions. LanTEK III connects via Wi-Fi to our TREND AnyWARE app that runs on IOS and Android smartphones. The LanTEK III data can be sent by a smartphone to any cloud or e-mail service that is installed on the users phone. We do not restrict the user to use a proprietary cloud solution.
- Q: Are LanTEK II and LanTEK III accessories compatible?A: All copper testing accessories are compatible with two exceptions. 1) The new PL adapter can only be used on LanTEK III 2) LanTEK III does not support PL measurements using CH adapters. Batteries, chargers and headsets are the same. The following other items can only be used with LanTEK III: Wi-Fi adapter and TREND AnyWARE app.
- Q: Does IDC support LanTEK II?A: Yes, from version 2.5 onwards. Users with version 1.x or 2.0x will need to upgrade to version 2.5 or es IDC support LanTEK III.
- Q: Is the LanTEK III troubleshooting able to locate shorts between a pin and the shield of shielded cables?A: Yes. First of all, the wiremap distance to fault indicates the approximate location of a shield. Secondly, a short between a pin and shield causes a huge return loss fault. The location of this fault can be accurately displayed by the TDRL feature.
- Q: At consolidation point links, is LanTEK III able to distinguish if a crosstalk error stems from the jack at the end of the link or from the consolidation point?A: Yes. With the TDX feature, the user can see where there is a crosstalk problem along the cable. If the consolidation point contributes too much crosstalk, it will be visible in TDX. The user than can disconnect the extension from the consolidation point and re-test the link to verify if the link than meets specs or not.
- Q: If the cable itself was damaged during installation ( eg. excessive pull force), will LanTEK III be able to locate this fault?A: If it is a severe damage, eg. a ripped wire or the famous nail trough the cable, than yes, the wiremap distance to fault as well as TDRL will locate that fault. If it is a smaller damage and all wires are still connected, this question unfortunately can not be answered with a simple “yes” or “no”. A rule of thumb is: If a link fails the Autotest, than the user should be able to locate the fault with TDRL and or TDX. IF the link passes Autotest, than the damage is electrically so small that it actually does not matter for the performance of the cable, however such a link still might visually look damaged. As an example: One would think that a tight knot in an installation cable should cause the cable to fail the Autotest. However, most of the cables today are that stable, that even a know does not significantly reduce the performance of the link. In those cases it depends on how big the influence of the mechanical damage is to the return loss and crosstalk performance. TDRL and TDX therefore might pick up the damage or not.
- Q: Which Wi-Fi adapters are supported by LanTEK III?A: LanTEK III is shipped with an EDIMAX EW-7811Un USB Wi-Fi adapter. Other adapters may work, but will not be supported by TREND.
- Q: How do you field calibrate LanTEK II and LanTEK III?A: Please click on this link to see how to field calibrate LanTEK II and LanTEK III cable certifiers. https://youtu.be/8gFMNx1pQd8