LANTEK IV-S – CABLE CERTIFIER
THE MOST POWERFUL AND FASTEST COPPER & FIBRE DATA CABLE CERTIFIER WE’VE EVER MADE
The LanTEK IV-S copper and fibre data cable certifier is the future of cable certification and testing. Saving you time it will test and save a Cat6A link in 7 seconds and certifies links up to Cat8.1 and Cat8.2, including TCL and Resistance Unbalance measurements.
- 7 second test time
- World’s fastest Cloud enabled certifier
- VisiLINQ™ permanent link adapters
- Project navigation in the Cloud
- Twice the CPU power as LanTEK IV
LANTEK IV-S – DATA CABLE CERTIFIER
The LanTEK IV-S cable certifier brings a new standard to the industry, saving you time and improving profitability. It’s time to change the way you certify.
A copper and fiber cable certifier, it will test and save a Cat6A link in 7 seconds and certifies links up to Cat8.1 and Cat8.2, including TCL and Resistance Unbalance measurements. Plus, LanTEK IV-S future-proofs your investment – it will sweep to 3000MHz providing room for future ISO/TIA test standards.
Twice the CPU processing power.
Now dual-core instead of single-core.
Twice as much RAM.
Provides a faster user experience.
Twice the test memory.
Now stores 5,000 tests vs 2,500 previously.
New 3.0 Software/Operating System.
Offering our fastest user experience yet.
Fastest Cloud test management software in the world.
Uploading tests / generating reports is even faster.
Do you have a LanTEK IV? Schedule your LanTEK IV-S upgrade now. Click here
WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER WITH THE UNIQUE VISILINQ™ PERMANENT LINK ADAPTER
VisiLINQ™ enables Field Technicians to initiate testing and view the results all without the need to carry or touch the certifier. Just press the VisiLINQ test button to start testing.
FIELD REPLACEABLE PERMANENT LINK ADAPTER TIPS
The RJ45 tip on the VisiLINQ™ Permanent Link Modules are field replaceable to reduce the cost of ownership, independently verified for 2,000 insertions which is 1,250 more than regular patch cord plugs rated to ISO/TIA standards.
TEAM VIEWER LIVE SUPPORT
Project Managers can connect to a LanTEK IV-S on the jobsite using the TREND AnyWARE Cloud to troubleshoot failed links therefore minimizing troubleshooting time, increasing collaboration and reducing call-backs.
Access can be granted to cable manufacturers and TREND Networks Technical Support to allow further troubleshooting if required.
TEST MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
The TREND AnyWARE Cloud management system allows real time collaboration between Project Managers and Field Technicians. There is no need for Field Technicians to setup the LanTEK IV-S, Project Managers pre-configure the jobs and tests in the TREND AnyWARE Cloud, eliminating potential mistakes and compressing the time taken to prepare reports for customers and warranties.
- Operates anywhere with a web browser – TREND AnyWARE Cloud operates on a PC, Mac and tablet devices (Android and iOS)
- Free storage – No need for separate servers or backup systems.
- Easy to find project files – Attach all project files including cable layout drawings, videos, and photos into the TREND AnyWARE Cloud. •Everything you need in one place.
- Share reports easier – Use TREND AnyWARE Cloud to share links to the test reports eliminating the need to manually email large attachments.
- Reduce training time with WalkMe – TREND AnyWARE Cloud is embedded with the WalkMe digital adoption platform providing proactive, step-by-step guidance on all key tasks.
Easily manage the certifier fleet – Fleet manager allows you to see who has the certifier, when the software was last updated, calibration due date and when the results were last synced. Allowing you to manage tester downtime and ensuring results are transferred back to the office and not lost or deleted.
Reduce setup errors – Project Managers pre-configure all project information in the TREND AnyWARE Cloud and Field Technicians simply download the project to the LanTEK IV-S eliminating any mistakes from manual data entry.
Create the most complex test ids – Easily create simple or sophisticated naming conventions required by the client.
Advanced filtering – filter tests on any field to reduce the time spent searching.
Reduce training time – The TREND AnyWARE Cloud comes with proactive, step-by-step guidance for all the key features.
Team Viewer Live Support – Using the TREND AnyWARE Cloud users can connect to a LanTEK IV-S remotely to troubleshoot failed links, minimizing troubleshooting time, increasing collaboration and reducing call-backs.
3 Report Formats
- Standard report – The Standard report combines the Single line and Brief report.
- Single line report – This is a summary report showing multiple tests per page.
- Brief report – This is a comprehensive report with all the measurement results with one page per test.
LanTEK IV-S 3000MHz (with PL/CH adapters)
R163009 - LanTEK IV-S 3000MHz Cable Certifier...
LanTEK IV-S 500MHz (with PL/CH adapters)
R163008 - LanTEK IV-S 500MHz Cable Certifier...
LanTEK IV-S 500MHz -TRADE IN (with PL/CH adapters)
TRADE163008 - LanTEK IV-S 500MHz -TRADE IN...
LT II/III/IV-Carrying Case (Single)
R163060 - LT II/III/IV-Carrying Case (Single)
LT IV-CAT6A/6/5e RJ45 Channel Adapter (Single)
R163052 - LanTEK IV High Performance Channel Adapter
LT IV-Cat8.2 TERA Universal Adapter (Single)
R163054 - TERA Universal Adapter for 1 GHz (Single)
LT IV-Cat8.2 GG45 Universal Adapter (Single)
R163056 - LT IV-Cat8.2 GG45 Universal Adapter (Single)
LT IV-Cat8.2 EC7 Universal Adapter (Single)
R163055 - LT IV-Cat8.2 EC7 Universal Adapter (Single)
LT IV-Cat5e / Class D Patch Cord / MPTL Test Adapter (Single)
R163057 - LT IV-Cat5e / Class D Patch Cord / MPTL Test Adapter (Single)
LT IV-Cat6A / Class Ea Patch Cord / MPTL Test Adapter (Single)
R163059 - LT IV-Cat6A / Class Ea Patch Cord / MPTL Test Adapter (Single)
LT III/IV-CAT6A/8 PLA Replacement Tips (Pair)
R161050 - LanTEK III/IV Replacement Tips
LT II/III/IV-Battery Pack (Single)
R161058 - LT II/III/IV-Battery Pack (Single)
Power Supply / Charger
151051 - 1 x Power supply with EU/UK/US adaptor
LT III-RJ45 to RJ45 Patch Cord (Single)
6011-50-0001 - LanTEK III Copper Test Accessories. Compatible with LanTEK II. CAT6A Reference Patch Cord. Universal, fits any tester.
Upgrade from LanTEK IV to LanTEK IV-S
UPGRADELTIV-S - Upgrade from LanTEK IV to LanTEK IV-S
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Can I test end-to-end links and device-links with LanTEK IV-S?A: Yes, both with LanTEK III and LanTEK IV-S.
- Q: How many tests can I run with a set of PL tips?A: According to standards, an RJ45 plug must withstand 750 insertions which is achievable for a quality patch cord. The tips of the LanTEK IV-S PL adapters are designed to withstand at least 2000 insertions under normal circumstances.
- Q: How often do I need to replace the PL adapters itself?A: TREND uses a high quality and very durable but still lightweight cable. Under normal use, this part does not need to be replaced during the lifetime of the product.
- Q: Channel adapters are sold as single pieces, PL tips are sold as pairs – why?A: When using channel adapters, it may happen that only one adapter gets damaged by a faulty patch cord. Therefore it makes sense to only offer single adapters. However, PL tips will only suffer wear due to a large number of insertions which most likely will always happen on both adapters , therefore both tips most likely will wear out same time. Therefore offering the tips as pairs makes more sense.
- Q: Does LanTEK IV-S have any troubleshooting functions?A: Yes. First of all, LanTEK IV-S features a wiremap with distance to fault to locate severe faults. Secondly LanTEK IV-S offers TDX and TDRL to locate crosstalk and return loss faults along the link. This enables users to locate even small issues.
- Q: Is the LanTEK IV-S troubleshooting able to locate shorts between a pin and the shield of shielded cables?A: Yes. First of all, the wiremap distance to fault indicates the approximate location of a shield. Secondly, a short between a pin and shield causes a huge return loss fault. The location of this fault can be accurately displayed by the TDRL feature.
- Q: At consolidation point links, is LanTEK IV-S able to distinguish if a crosstalk error stems from the jack at the end of the link or from the consolidation point?A: Yes. With the TDX feature, the user can see where there is a crosstalk problem along the cable. If the consolidation point contributes too much crosstalk, it will be visible in TDX. The user than can disconnect the extension from the consolidation point and re-test the link to verify if the link than meets specs or not.