Depend on your equipment with a free 3 year warranty, free fiber optic fault locator, and a free LC adapter. Click here.
- Now includes touchscreen
- Gigabit performance testing on passive cabling and active networks
- Generates test reports to IEEE 802.3ab standard
- Simulates VoIP/CCTV/Web/IP video network traffic
- Tests connection speed, port ID, ping, traceroute, IPv4/IPv6
- Advanced PoE/PoE+ testing
If you install, maintain or troubleshoot data cabling and Ethernet networks, SignalTEK NT allows you to prove the performance up to Gigabit Ethernet transmission rates.
- *** Now includes a touchscreen ***
- Provide proof of performance to your clients with PDF reports.
- TREND AnyWARE app – Send reports from anywhere. Click here for details.
- Network traffic performance test to IEEE802.3ab standard.
- Cable tracing – Port blink to visually trace cables.
- Displays port ID of LLDP/CDP – Eliminate manual cable tracing.
- Copper cable testing – Wiremap and distance to fault using TDR.
- Fiber cable testing – optical power indication. (SFPs required)
- PoE – Power over Ethernet verification with voltage.
- Network traffic performance test on copper and fibre to IEEE802.3ab standard
- Wiremap test for open, shorts, miswires and split pairs to TIA-568 standard
- Gigabit link verification for copper and fibre cabling
- Network load testing through switches simulating CCTV/IPTV/VoIP/Web traffic
- PoE/PoE+ verification that displays available voltage at device location
- Check Ethernet connectivity at device location to 10/100/1000 Mb/s
- Verify network configuration (device IP/gateway address/subnet mask)
- Switch port identification via LLDP/CDP protocols
- Distance to fault using TDR technology (copper only)
- Ability to identify and trace cables with a compatible amplifier probe (62-164)
- Optical power indication (with compatible SFP modules)
- Network load testing through switches simulating CCTV/IPTV/VoIP/Web traffic
- Stress test network before installing bandwidth hungry devices
- Port blink to visually trace cable from work area outlet to network switch
- Displays port ID of LLDP/CDP enabled switches to eliminate manual cable tracing
- Identify network connection problems as hardware, network or configuration faults
- Ping local network devices and Internet URL’s
- Count number of hops between network points with traceroute tests
- PoE load testing to confirm available power meets PoE device requirements
- SignalTEK NT is used to quickly prove that Ethernet will work correctly after installation in cable installations such as SOHO or residential cabling where cable certification is cost prohibitive or where the end customer does not require the cable manufacturer’s warranty programs.
- Workstation or Laptop has an extremely slow network access. SignalTEK NT can be used to run a simplified transmission test to check network performance.
- A 100Mb/s LAN environment gets upgraded to 1 Gb/s. SignalTEK NT can be used to check if the existing (old) cabling can support up to 1Gb/s Ethernet.
- An existing LAN installation gets upgraded to VoIP. SignalTEK NT can be used to check if both the cabling as well as the active components can support VoIP traffic.
- After MACs (Moves/Adds/Changes) of active devices, SignalTEK NT can be used to ensure minimum bandwidth requirements are met.
- In industrial Ethernet applications, SignalTEK NT can be used to verify cabling performance to 100Mb/s or Gigabit requirements.
- SignalTEK NT can be used to test throughput of an industrial Ethernet LAN
Active Remotes Full Kit
150050 - 1 x Active remote set No. 2 – 12
Active Remote #1
150054 - 1 x Active remote No. 1
RJ45 Patch Cable Kit
150055 - 2 x Patchkabel - 30cm, Kat. 5e, STP
Multimode Patch Cable LC
150056 - 2m duplex multimode patch cable LC to LC
Singlemode Patch Cable LC
150057 - 2m duplex singlemode patch cable LC to LC
RJ45 inserts and tool
150058 - RJ-45 replacement kit - Pack of 10 replacement inserts with extraction tool. We recommend that RJ-45 inserts are replace
Active Remotes Half Kit
150059 - 1 x Active remote set No. 2 to No. 6
Power Supply / Charger
151051 - 1 x Power supply with EU/UK/US adaptor
Alkaline Battery Module
151052 - 1 x alkaline battery module
NiMH Power Module
151053 - 1 x NiMH battery
SignalTEK CT and SignalTEK NT Carry Case
156050 - Replacement carry case for SignalTEK CT
One-Click Fibre Cleaner STC-FC2.5mm
33-963-10 - This 2.5mm One-click Cleaner is a high-performance and easy-to-use fibre tool that has been designed to clean both the m
One-Click Fibre Cleaner STC-FC-1.25mm
33-963-11 - This 1.25mm One-click Cleaner is a high-performance and easy-to-use fibre tool that has been designed to clean both the
GbE Fibre Kit LX
MGKLX2 - 1000BASE-LX Fibre Kit Includes 1310nm SFP Small Form factor Pluggable) LX transceiver, LC/LC and LC/SC duplex single-mo
GbE Fibre Kit SX
MGKSX1 - 1000BASE-SX Fibre Kit Includes 850nm SFP (Small Form factor Pluggable) SX transceiver, LC/LC and LC/SC duplex multimode
GbE Fibre Kit ZX
MGKZX3 - 1000BASE-ZX Fibre Kit Includes 1550nm SFP (Small Form factor Pluggable) ZX transceiver, LC/LC and LC/SC duplex single-m
R180001 - Amplifier Probe for Data Cable Tracing
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What is the difference between SignalTEK CT and SignalTEK NT?A: The SignalTEK NT has additional test functions such as fibre optic and active network test capabilities. It can test network load by simulating different traffic over the switch with both copper and fiber interfaces. It also has Ping, Traceroute, PoE, Hub blink test capability.
- Q: What is the difference between a “Qualifier" and a “Transmission Tester"A: "Qualifier" or "qualification testers" try to determine if Ethernet might work on cabling by running an un-calibrated measurement of physical parameters like signal-to-noise-ratio and delay. The problem with those tests is that they a) have no traceable accuracy to international standards and therefore have only a very limited credibility and b) are often only done single sided. The testers give an indication that Ethernet might work, but are not able to prove that. Additionally these testers are only able to perform this limited test on the structured cabling itself, but not through an Ethernet network.
- Q: What is a transmission tester:A: "Transmission testers" transmit Ethernet packages according to the IEEE 802.3 standard. By running 100Mbit/s or 1000Mbit/s Ethernet at 100% load on the link from both sides provides users with a clear reading if the link really can support the desired Ethernet speed. IEEE802.3 specifies a maximum bit error rate for every Ethernet speed. By running Ethernet packets bidirectional over a link, transmission testers are able to clearly determine if the link performs to the maximum packet error rate by simply counting the transmitted and lost packets. Depending on which SignalTEK tester, these tests can be done on the structured cabling, but also on a live Ethernet network.
- Q: Which tester should I use if I require transmission testing with an optical interface and on an active LAN?A: SignalTEK NT has optical and RJ45 interfaces to support testing over cabling and active networks.
- Q: Which tester should I use if I require transmission tests on structured cabling only ie no active Ethernet devices.A: SignalTEK CT.
- Q: Which tester should I use if I require transmission testing on delay (latency) or interconnection between LANs through a WAN?A: UniPRO MGig1/SEL1.
- Q: What software does SignalTEK NT require to generate PDF’s?A: No software required. PDF’s are generated directly on the tester.
- Q: Can SignalTEK II or SignalTEK II FO be upgraded to include PDF report generation and the wireless transfer capability?A: Yes. By downloading the software upgrade from www.trend-networks.com
- Q: Which USB Wi-Fi adapters are compatible?A: The “Edimax EW-7811Un” USB Wi-Fi adapter is the only approved and compatible adapter for the TREND AnyWARE app. This adapter is included with the SignalTEK NT (R156003) and the SignalTEK CT kits (R156004).
- Q: Does SignalTEK NT require a factory calibration?A: No: the indications of optical power, voltage, length etc. are for troubleshooting only and do not need calibration. Transmission testing also doesn’t require calibration.
- Q: Can SignalTEK NT measure fibre attenuation?A: No: The optical power is indication only for troubleshooting. It is not a calibrated measurement even with a calibrated source, accurate attenuation measurement is not possible.
- Q: Can I use other vendors’ SFP modules instead of TREND Networks?A: Use of other SFPs may be possible but is not guaranteed for correct operation, including optical power indication.
- Q: Can all Active Remotes be used with SignalTEK NT?A: Yes. Active remotes No.2~ No.12 (part no. 150050) can be used for advanced wiremapping. However VDVII’s Active Remote can not be used with SignalTEK NT.
- Q: Why does SignalTEK NT feature user-exchangeable RJ45 ports?A: Repetitive use wears the gold plating on all RJ45 contacts and this is accelerated when testing with PoE because of the electrical arcing. The replaceable connector contacts eliminate the need to return the tester to a service department for routine connector replacement
- Q: Why use a hand held tester vs PC troubleshooting tools?A: The SignalTEK NT is a hand held transmission tester with key network troubleshooting functions that software tools such as command prompt or laptops can not provide. Can not provide a transmission test to confirm the cable or link available bandwidth They pose a risk to the network because their operating systems can be vulnerable to infections from viruses or malware. Slower detection of link and IP information such as duplex, speed, port ID, VLAN, DHCP, Gateway status and IP address Can not detect services such as ISDN, POTS, PoE or perform wiremap tests Do not have fiber interfaces or field replaceable RJ45 connectors Many cable environments involve small areas, above ceilings, behind walls, in floors etc. Fitting a laptop into these small areas could damage the laptop and makes the job difficult to complete
- Q: Why is SignalTEK NT displaying a 1000Mb/s or 100Mb/s link when only connected to a passive cable?A: The SignalTEK NT near and far end unit first try to build up an Ethernet connection on a cable to demonstrate if an Ethernet link is possible. If the SignalTEK NT near end unit can’t connect to the far end unit via an Ethernet link, both testers fall back into cable mode” where only wiremap and wire tracing is possible. Note: Establishing an Ethernet link does not guarantee full Ethernet performance. Only the cable performance test will test if full Ethernet throughput at 1000Mb/s or 100Mb/s is possible. Some competitive testers will qualify a link with no more than a successful Ethernet link
- Q: Does the SignalTEK NT have a touchscreen ?A: Yes.