LanTEK III Series
- Sapphire Care Plan – Protection for your LanTEK II/III
- Permanent link adapter saves money
- Send test data anywhere using TREND AnyWARE app
- Professional PDF reports with free IDC software
- Certifies multimode and single-mode fibre (optional)
$5,945 - $7,275 MSRP
Trade-in your DTX today for new LanTEK III and save up to $3,500.
Do you need 3 of more certifiers? Click here
- TREND AnyWARE™ app – Send test data from anywhere. Click here for details.
- New troubleshooting features that save time and money
- New permanent link adapter saves money
- New FiberTEK III modules (optional).
- Industry leading battery life – 18 hours
- IDC test data software to create professional reports.
Sapphire Care Plan
- Complete protection for your LanTEK II/III
- Free repairs
- Free calibration
- Free loan unit
- Free shipping
- Free accessories
Test data when you want it, where you want it
Using the free TREND AnyWARE app, field technicians can share test data with colleagues or customers without leaving the jobsite, resulting in greater collaboration, more on-time job completions and reduced costs.
New troubleshooting features that save time and money
Should a cable prove to be faulty, troubleshooting is easy with the introduction of Time Domain Return Loss (TDRL) and Time Domain Near End Cross Talk (TDNEXT) measurements.
To pinpoint fibre cabling faults every FiberTEK III adapter includes a built-in visible light source to help you visually pinpoint faults and locate fibre ports. These additional features help locate hidden connections, splices and cable faults and can save many hours previously spent troubleshooting problems on the job.
New permanent link (PL) adapter saves money
New PL adapters reduce down time and lower maintenance costs with field replaceable RJ45 contacts that eliminate the need to replace the complete adapters. New PL adapters feature centred connectors to ensure compatibility with all brands of Cat6A/Class EA cabling solutions. The PL adapters use high performance, ultra-flexible cable that allows them to be used in confined spaces without damaging the PL adapter or the outlet being tested.
Modular solution to reduce capital costs
For many cable installers there is pressure to reduce capital equipment costs. The LanTEK III and FiberTEK III uniquely offer a pick and mix solution of components, therefore you only pay for what you need. This includes a wide range of test modules, accessories and Careplans to satisfy your specific requirements.
Permanent Link Testing Modules
To test and certify UTP/STP cabling from the patch panel to the work area outlet. The RJ45 contacts on the tip of the Permanent Link Modules are field replaceable to reduce the cost of ownership.
Channel Testing Modules
Select from a wide wide range of Channel testing modules for various applications including: RJ45, GG45, TERA and EC7.
Fibre Optic Testing Modules
FiberTEK III modules offer fast and simple Tier 1 certification of high bandwidth single-mode and multimode fibre optic cabling including support for encircled flux testing.
Efficient Data Management Software
TREND Data CENTER (IDC) is the free test result management software for the LanTEK III and FiberTEK III series of cable certifiers. IDC allows data cable installation professionals to easily download, manage, edit and print PDF reports. IDC offers a simple user interface with time saving features including:
Microsoft ribbon toolbars for ease of use
Only 4 button clicks to import data from the tester
>10,000 results managed in a single job
Professional reporting for your clients
Ability to group and filter test results into categories including:
– Test limits
– Or any other data within the database
Automatically generate test reports in PDF or CSV format. The summary page of each report can be customised to include logo, company and operator details.
Choose between 3 different reports than can show either passed, failed or all test results in each report:
New Permanent Link (PL) adapter
Operates in the smallest enclosures
The PL adapters use high performance, ultra-flexible cable that allows them to be used in confined spaces without damaging the PL adapter or the outlet being tested.
Compatible with all RJ45 cabling systems
New PL adapters feature centred connectors to ensure compatibility with all brands of Cat6A/ISO Class EA cabling solutions.
Field replaceable tips that reduce downtime and maintenance costs
New PL adapters reduce down time and lower maintenance costs with field replaceable RJ45 tips that eliminate the need to replace the complete adapters. To reduce costs the PL adapter tips provide almost three times as many insertions than a regular patch cord before tip replacement is required. Through innovative design, the entire worn plug assembly is replaced with a completely new plug, contact and locking mechanism.
LANTEK III-500MHZ (INC. LINK ADAPTERS)
R161003 - LanTEK III-500. 500 MHz cable certifier for TIA/EIA category 6A / ISO class EA including Cat. 6A Permanent Link adapters
LANTEK III-500MHZ (EXCL. PL ADAPTERS)
R161001 - LanTEK® III-500. 500 MHz cable certifier for TIA/EIA category 6A / ISO class EA excluding Permanent Link adapters. Test
LanTEK III Permanent Link Adapter (Single)
R161051 - LanTEK III Permanent Link Adapter
LT III-CAT6/5e RJ45 Channel Adapter (Single)
R161052 - LanTEK III Channel Adapter
LT III-CAT6A RJ45 CHANNEL ADAPTER (SINGLE)
R161053 - LanTEK III High Performance Channel Adapter
LT III-CAT7A TERA Channel Adapter (Single)
R161054 - TERA Universal Adapter for 1 GHz (Single)
LT III-CAT7A EC7 Channel Adapter (Single)
R161055 - EC7 Universal Adapter up to 1 GHz (Single)
LT II/III/IV-Battery Pack (Single)
R161058 - LT II/III/IV-Battery Pack (Single)
LT III-COAX Calibration Cable (Single)
R161063 - LanTEK III Coax Calibration Cable
LT III-RJ45 to RJ45 Patch Cord (Single)
6011-50-0001 - CAT6A Reference Patch Cord. Universal, fits any tester.
LT III-RJ45 End to End Link Test Kit
R160050 - LanTEK III direct attached / end to end link kit. Includes 2 x male to female test cords plus 1 x calibration cable (req
Alien crosstalk kit
LANTEK10GBKIT - Alien crosstalk is the interference caused by a pair of wires in one cable inducing noise into other pairs of wires in a
LT III-CAT7A GG45 Channel Adapter (Single)
R161056 - Cat. 7A GG45 Universal Adapter
Sapphire care plan
COMPLETE PROTECTION FOR YOUR LANTEK® III/IV CABLE CERTIFIER
The new Sapphire Care Plan for LanTEK® III/IV cable certifiers is designed to help minimise down time, reduce the cost of ownership and protect against unforeseen repair bills.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Will LanTEK III support PL testing through CH adapters?A: No. This makes no sense since testing using CH adapters and patchcords actually is more expensive for CAT6A.
- Q: Will LanTEKII support PL testing through the new PL adapters?A: No, the LanTEK II hardware can not support the new PL adapters.
- Q: Do PL measurements of LanTEK III and LanTEK II give same results?A: Both devices are accurate to specs, but may give different test results. When testing permanent links, the test plug is part of the link and therefore will have an influence on test results. Since the PL adapters of LanTEK III have different electrical characteristics than a regular patchcord plug, there may be different test results, but again both are accurate to specs. Users may also see different test results when using patch cords since also patchcords can have different plug types.
- Q: Is TDX and TDRL specified as a mandatory test method in TIA568 or ISO 11801?A: No, however both methods are very useful to locate faults along the cable and therefore optional tests in LanTEK III.
- Q: Can I test end-to-end links and device-links with LanTEK III?A: Yes, both with LanTEK II and LanTEK III.
- Q: How many tests can I run with a set of PL tips?A: According to standards, an RJ45 plug must withstand 750 insertions which is achievable for a quality patch cord. The tips of the LanTEK III PL adapters are designed to withstand at least 2000 insertions under normal circumstances.
- Q: How often do I need to replace the PL adapters itself?A: TREND uses a high quality and very durable but still lightweight cable. Under normal use, this part has not to be replaced during the lifetime of the product.
- Q: Do I need to run a field calibration process to use the PL adapters?A: No. Unlike with LanTEK II, there is no field calibration necessary for PL testing.
- Q: When I buy a LanTEK III only, can I already use the tester?A: TREND offers configurations with and without test adapters so our customers have the freedom to choose whichever configuration best suits their needs. If you buy a LanTEK III only, thEn this tester will be shipped without adapters. This case makes sense only if you already have a stock of LanTEK II or LanTEK III adapters and do not need additional adapters.
- Q: Channel adapters are sold as single pieces, PL tips are sold as pairs – why ?A: When using channel adapters, it may happen that only one adapter gets damaged by a faulty patch cord. Therefore it makes sense to only offer single adapters. However, PL tips will only suffer wear due to a large number of insertions which most likely will always happen on both adapters , therefore both tips most likely will wear out same time. Therefore offering the tips as pairs makes more sense.
- Q: Can LanTEK III measure CAT8?A: LanTEK III does not support category 8 testing. The TIA approved its version of category 8 cabling in June 2016 and the field testing standard was approved in November 2016. The ISO standards organisation is expected to release the cabling specifications for its version of category 8 in October of 2017. However field testing specifications for important new category 8 tests that are defined in the IEC 61935-1-1 standard are not expected to be finalised until 2020. Currently the demand for category 8 cabling is very low, primarily due to its channel length limit of just 30 meters/98 feet. Category 8 is intended for data centre applications and even though it provides a cost effective 40Gb/s solution, many data centre operators are opting for OM4 or better multimode fibre which provides 40 and 100Gb/s to 125 meters/410 feet.
- Q: What cabling categories can I measure with LanTEK III ?A: Any category from CAT3 up to CAT6A with LanTEK III-500 and CAT3 to CAT7A with LanTEK III-1000.
- Q: Does LanTEK III have any troubleshooting functions?A: Yes. First of all, LanTEK III features a wiremap with distance to fault to locate severe faults. Secondly LanTEK III offers TDX and TDRL to locate crosstalk and return loss faults along the link. This enables users to locate even small issues.
- Q: Do you support cloud solutions?A: Yes, our system is open to many cloud solutions. LanTEK III connects via Wi-Fi to our TREND AnyWARE app that runs on IOS and Android smartphones. The LanTEK III data can be sent by a smartphone to any cloud or e-mail service that is installed on the users phone. We do not restrict the user to use a proprietary cloud solution.
- Q: Are LanTEK II and LanTEK III accessories compatible?A: All copper testing accessories are compatible with two exceptions. 1) The new PL adapter can only be used on LanTEK III 2) LanTEK III does not support PL measurements using CH adapters. Batteries, chargers and headsets are the same. The following other items can only be used with LanTEK III: Wi-Fi adapter and TREND AnyWARE app.
- Q: Does IDC support LanTEK II?A: Yes, from version 2.5 onwards. Users with version 1.x or 2.0x will need to upgrade to version 2.5 or es IDC support LanTEK III.
- Q: Is the LanTEK III troubleshooting able to locate shorts between a pin and the shield of shielded cables?A: Yes. First of all, the wiremap distance to fault indicates the approximate location of a shield. Secondly, a short between a pin and shield causes a huge return loss fault. The location of this fault can be accurately displayed by the TDRL feature.
- Q: At consolidation point links, is LanTEK III able to distinguish if a crosstalk error stems from the jack at the end of the link or from the consolidation point?A: Yes. With the TDX feature, the user can see where there is a crosstalk problem along the cable. If the consolidation point contributes too much crosstalk, it will be visible in TDX. The user than can disconnect the extension from the consolidation point and re-test the link to verify if the link than meets specs or not.
- Q: If the cable itself was damaged during installation ( eg. excessive pull force), will LanTEK III be able to locate this fault?A: If it is a severe damage, eg. a ripped wire or the famous nail trough the cable, than yes, the wiremap distance to fault as well as TDRL will locate that fault. If it is a smaller damage and all wires are still connected, this question unfortunately can not be answered with a simple “yes” or “no”. A rule of thumb is: If a link fails the Autotest, than the user should be able to locate the fault with TDRL and or TDX. IF the link passes Autotest, than the damage is electrically so small that it actually does not matter for the performance of the cable, however such a link still might visually look damaged. As an example: One would think that a tight knot in an installation cable should cause the cable to fail the Autotest. However, most of the cables today are that stable, that even a know does not significantly reduce the performance of the link. In those cases it depends on how big the influence of the mechanical damage is to the return loss and crosstalk performance. TDRL and TDX therefore might pick up the damage or not.
- Q: Which Wi-Fi adapters are supported by LanTEK III?A: LanTEK III is shipped with an EDIMAX EW-7811Un USB Wi-Fi adapter. Other adapters may work, but will not be supported by Trend.
- Q: How do you field calibrate LanTEK II and LanTEK III?A: Please click on this link to see how to field calibrate LanTEK II and LanTEK III cable certifiers. https://youtu.be/8gFMNx1pQd8