Test4Less – The IDEAL Alternative to Cable Testing
For customers who install and test data cabling and networks, the “Test4Less” offer from IDEAL Networks could reduce capital expenditure by up to 57%, increase productivity and improve cash flow.
What problems are cabling installers having today?
During the last 18 months, we have conducted extensive research with data cabling installers and system integrators and found a number of frustrations that kept repeating, including:
- High capital expenditure for certifiers
- Certifiers are being shared between technicians due to the high cost
- It takes a long time to transfer test data to the office
- Test data is often lost or inaccurate, resulting in technicians having to revisit the jobsite
- Multiple testers have to be purchased for copper and fiber testing
- Companies who have recently invested in a new fleet of certifiers are told to upgrade to the new model due to certifier discontinuation
All of which reduce cash flow, waste time, waste money, eliminate margins and ultimately, reduce overall return on investment.
The IDEAL Alternative to Cable Testing
In our research, we have found that typically 25% of data cabling installations are warranted by a cable manufacturer. While there is a definite need for a certifier on some jobs, for the other 75% of the jobs that cabling installers are undertaking, a different, less expensive tester can be used.
The SignalTEK CT is a cable transmission tester which simulates actual network traffic to prove and document network and data cable performance to Gigabit Ethernet standards. This also means for cabling installers any subsequent call backs requested by the client can be charged for.
Our SignalTEK NT model also includes network troubleshooting and supports copper and fiber cabling.
“By creating a clever mix of test equipment, investing in a full fleet of SignalTEK NT testers combined with only a small amount of more costly cable certifiers, the cost to equip the whole fleet of installers has been reduced by $1 million.” ~ Staley Technologies
Sharing testers wastes time and money
Due to the high cost of cable certifiers, companies only invest in the minimum they need for their business. The certifiers are shared between technicians which causes three problems; time is lost while they wait for the certifier to be transported; certifiers can become damaged in transit and money is wasted on unnecessary transportation costs.
Invest in a SignalTEK for each technician to save time, reduce costs and increase productivity
To save time and money transporting certifiers between jobs, every technician can be equipped with a SignalTEK due to the much lower cost compared to a certifier. The SignalTEK creates a report for the client that demonstrates the cabling or network has been installed reliably and professionally.
Send test data when you want it, where you want it
The IDEAL AnyWARE™ mobile app has eliminated the issue of delayed and lost test results. This app allows users to transfer test data to their mobile device and share results with offsite colleagues without delay. The ability to transfer data in real time using the app also ensures that test results are not lost, so no time or money is wasted on re-testing completed jobs.
“Pay As You Test” (PAYT) to increase cash flow
If you need to invest in 3 or more cable certifiers, “Pay As You Test“ will spread the payments over 3 to 5 years therefore increasing cash flow and allowing you to use the cash for other projects.
To find out more about how the Test4Less offer from IDEAL Networks can help you save time, reduce cost and increase productivity, visit www.test4less.net/usa or call 01925 444 446.