The VDV II Series are easy to use cable testers that check the integrity of copper cables commonly found in domestic, commercial or industrial voice, data or video installations, including telephone wiring, data network and video/security cabling.
Employing state-of-the-art technology, VDV II offers functionality not previously available in a wiremapper. The advanced wiremap engine accurately displays complex wiring faults instantaneously whilst TDR (Time Domain Reflectometry) aids troubleshooting and improves on-site productivity.
VDV II - CABLE VERIFIER
R158000 - 1 x VDV II, 1 x dual port remote unit, 1 x coax remote unit, 1 x alkaline battery, 1 x multi-language user guide.
VDV II PLUS
R158002 - 1 x VDV II Plus, 1 x dual port remote unit, 1 x coax remote unit, 1 x alkaline battery, 1 x multi-language user guide, 2
VDV II PRO
R158003 - 1 x VDV II Pro, 1 x dual port remote unit, 1 x coax remote unit, 1 x alkaline battery, 1 x multi-language user guide, 2
Kit of 12 x RJ45 remote units (#1 - #12)
158050 - Kit of 12 x RJ45 remote units (#1 - #12)
Kit of 24 x RJ45 identifiers (#1 - #24)
158051 - Kit of 24 x RJ45 identifiers (#1 - #24)
Kit of 12 x coax remote units (#1 - #12)
158053 - Kit of 12 x coax remote units (#1 - #12)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can VDV II cable verifier series test Cat5e/6/6A/7 cables?Yes VDV II can test the wiring of all common cable categories as well as Coaxial and telephone cables.
- What is the maximum length of data cable VDV II series can test?300m (980ft) for wiremap and 600m (1960ft) for overall length.
- Can VDV II series generate reports?No, however Trend Networks have other products capable of reporting. Please visit www.trend-networks.com for more information.
- Do I need special patch cables to perform testing?No, generic good quality patch cords can be used for testing.
- What battery does the VDV II series use?VDV II series use standard 9v batteries.
- Q: How many remotes can the VDV II series use?A: 12 Remotes for wiremap and 24 port identifiers.
- Q: What is a port identifier?A: Port identifiers provide a ports number on the screen of a VDV II allowing for correct labelling of ports.
- Q: Is the VDV II series safe against voltage overload?A: Yes the VDV II series can withstand common PoE voltages and is protected up to 60v.
- Q: Can VDV II PRO detect Gigabit speeds?A: Yes, 1 Gb/s.
- Q: Is there any technical support available?A: Yes, we include comprehensive manuals with every VDV II and if you need further assistance we have the following technical hot lines: France: +33(0)169355471, Germany: +49(0)8999686200, UK: +44(0)1925444446