SureTrace® Circuit Tracer for UTP and Coaxial Tracing
The SureTrace® circuit tracer from IDEAL Industries is an essential piece of kit for all network and data cable installers to use alongside their IDEAL Networks testers. This innovative circuit tracer avoids disruption or downtime by allowing you to trace UTP cables (such as Cat5e and Cat 6) in a live data rack without disconnecting the cables from the system. These results can be achieved in 5 simple steps:
- Step 1: Plug Inductive clamp into the Battery Pack and clamp over the UTP or Coaxial cable being traced
- Step 2: Hang the battery pack on the rack using the magnetic strap
- Step 3: Turn on the unit and verify it is getting a strong signal from the transmitter
- Step 4: Go to the rack where the other end of the cable is, and slowly scan this rack of cables with your receiver on the highest sensitivity
- Step 5: Check for the strongest signal, and thereby locate the cable required
Following a similar process to above, this advanced technology can also be used to identify the proper circuit breaker feeding the data rack. The SureTrace® provides four times the tracing power of conventional 9-volt circuit tracers on the market and can even be used to trace the DC power cables feeding the equipment in the rack.
SureTrace® is the only circuit tracer with Swivel Display™ technology and comes in three different kits: 61-955, 61-957 and 61-959. To find out more about the refined performance of SureTrace®, watch the short video here.