LanTEK IV Series
The future of copper and fiber cable certification
Buy a LanTEK IV 500 Cable Certifier and receive $2500 of FREE TREND Networks products of your choice OR Buy a LanTEK IV 3000 Cable Certifier and receive $3000 of FREE TREND Networks products. (Subject to predefined list) Click here.
- 7 second test time for Cat 6A
- Unique VisiLINQ™ permanent link adapters
- Certifies up to Cat 8 standards
- Measures TCL and Resistance Unbalance
- Pre-configuration eliminates setup errors
- Sapphire Care Plan minimizes costs
$11,919 - $28,265 MSRP
The LanTEK IV cable certifier brings a new standard to the industry, saving you time and improving profitability. It’s time to change the way you certify.
Futureproof and Fast Certifier
A copper and fibre cable certifier, it can test and save a Cat6A link in 7 seconds and certifies links up to Cat8.1 and Cat8.2, including TCL and Resistance Unbalance measurements. Plus, LanTEK IV future-proofs your investment – it will sweep to 3000MHz providing room for future ISO/TIA test standards.
VisiLINQ permanent link adapters
With unique VisiLINQ™ permanent link adapters, there is no need to even hold the certifier. Everything you need is in the palm of your hand – this is a totally new way to certify that will boost productivity.
An intuitive user interface and high-resolution touch screen make LanTEK IV simple to use with no compromise on functionality. For example, LanTEK IV can connect you to the internet and to the new TREND AnyWARE Cloud management system, allowing real time collaboration between Project Managers and Field Technicians.
Complete Protection for your LanTEK IV
The Sapphire Care Plan reduces cost of ownership, minimizes downtime and protects against unforeseen repair bills, helping increase your cash flow and providing the support you need.
Do you need 3 of more certifiers? click here
If three or more certifiers are required our ‘Pay As You Test’ options can turn your certifier fleet from what is traditionally a capital cost into an operating expense, optimizing cash flow and allowing you to spread the cost over time. This offers the flexibility to make purchases within your budget and makes it easier to assign costs to projects. Simple payment options start from no money upfront to as little as $4,083 per certifier.
Trade-in your DTX today for a new LanTEK IV and save up to $4,083 click here
Trade-in your LanTEK I/II/III for a new LanTEK IV and save up to $4,083 click here
Work smarter not harder with the unique VisiLINQ™ Permanent Link Adapter
VisiLINQ™ enables Field Technicians to initiate testing and view the results all without the need to carry or touch the certifier.
Field replaceable Permanent Link Adapter Tips
The RJ45 tip on the VisiLINQ™ Permanent Link Modules are field replaceable to reduce the cost of ownership, independently verified for 2,000 insertions which is 1,250 more than regular patch cord plugs rated to ISO/TIA standards.
Team Viewer Live Support
Project Managers can connect to a LanTEK IV on the jobsite using the TREND AnyWARE Cloud to troubleshoot failed links therefore minimizing troubleshooting time, increasing collaboration and reducing call-backs.
Access can be granted to cable manufacturers and TREND Networks Technical Support to allow further troubleshooting if required.
Test Management Software
The new TREND AnyWARE Cloud management system allows real time collaboration between Project Managers and Field Technicians. There is no need for Field Technicians to setup the LanTEK IV, Project Managers pre-configure the jobs and tests in the TREND AnyWARE Cloud, eliminating potential mistakes and compressing the time taken to prepare reports for customers and warranties.
- Operates anywhere with a web browser – TREND AnyWARE Cloud operates on a PC, Mac and tablet devices (Android and iOS)
- Free storage – No need for separate servers or backup systems.
- Easy to find project files – Attach all project files including cable layout drawings, videos, and photos into the TREND AnyWARE Cloud. Everything you need in one place.
- Share reports easier – Use TREND AnyWARE Cloud to share links to the test reports eliminating the need to manually email large attachments.
- Reduce training time with WalkMe – TREND AnyWARE Cloud is embedded with the WalkMe digital adoption platform providing proactive, step-by-step guidance on all key tasks.
Easily manage the certifier fleet – Fleet manager allows you to see who has the certifier, when the software was last updated, calibration due date and when the results were last synced. Allowing you to manage tester downtime and ensuring results are transferred back to the office and not lost or deleted.
- Reduce setup errors – Project Managers pre-configure all project information in the TREND AnyWARE Cloud and Field Technicians simply download the project to the LanTEK IV eliminating any mistakes from manual data entry.
- Create the most complex test ids – Easily create simple or sophisticated naming conventions required by the client.
- Advanced filtering – filter tests on any field to reduce the time spent searching.
- Reduce training time – The TREND AnyWARE Cloud comes with proactive, step-by-step guidance for all the key features.
- Team Viewer Live Support – Using the TREND AnyWARE Cloud users can connect to a LanTEK IV remotely to troubleshoot failed links, minimizing troubleshooting time, increasing collaboration and reducing call-backs.
- Customer profiles – Create a profile for each of the customers with their company logo, address and contact details. This information is automatically pulled through to the reports, saving time.
- 2 Report Formats
- Single line report – This is a summary report showing multiple tests per page.
- Brief report – This is a comprehensive report with all the measurement results with one page per test.
LANTEK IV-500MHZ (WITH PL ADAPTERS)
R163004 - LanTEK IV-500MHz Cable Certifier. TIA Category 6A/ ISO Class EA. LanTEK IV Display/Remote handsets, Li-ion Battery (2),.
LanTEK IV-3000MHz (with PL adapters)
R163005 - LanTEK IV-3000MHz Cable Certifier. TIA Category 8/ ISO Class I/II. LanTEK IV Display/Remote handsets, Li-ion Battery (2)
LanTEK IV-500MHz -TRADE IN (with PL adapters)
TRADE163004 - Trade-In of any Cat5e (or higher) cable certifier to a LanTEK IV 500MHz
LanTEK IV-3000MHz -TRADE IN (with PL adapters)
TRADE163005 - Trade-In of any Cat5e (or higher) cable certifier to a LanTEK IV 3000MHz.
LanTEK IV-3000MHZ (Bundle)
LT4-3000S - LanTEK IV-3000 MHz, Permanent Link Adapters, Channel Adapters and 1 Year Sapphire Care Plan
LanTEK IV-500MHZ (Fiber Bundle)
LT4-500FS - LanTEK IV-500 MHz, Permanent Link Adapters, Channel Adapters, FiberTEK IV MM LED and SM Laser Kit with LC MM 50/125μm,
FIBERTEK IV-MM LED KIT
R164008 - FiberTEK® IV multimode (850/1300nm) kit with LED light sources for standard multimode fibre.
FIBERTEK IV-SM LASER KIT
R164009 - FiberTEK IV single mode (1310/1550nm) kit with laser light sources for single mode fibre.
FIBERTEK IV-MM LED & SM LASER KIT
R164010 - FiberTEK IV combination MM/SM kit with LED MM sources and laser SM sources.
LT IV-CAT6A RJ45 VisiLINQ PL adapter (Single)
R163050 - LT IV-CAT6A RJ45 VisiLINQ PL adapter (Single)
LT IV-CAT8.1 RJ45 VisiLINQ PL adapter (Single)
R163051 - LT IV-CAT8.1 RJ45 VisiLINQ PL adapter (Single)
LT II/III/IV-Carrying Case (Single)
R163060 - LT II/III/IV-Carrying Case (Single)
LT IV-CAT6A/6/5e RJ45 Channel Adaptor (Single)
R163052 - LanTEK IV High Performance Channel Adapter
LT IV-Cat8.1/6A/6/5e RJ45 Channel Adapter (Single)
R163053 - LT IV-Cat8.1/6A/6/5e RJ45 Channel Adapter (Single)
LT IV-Cat8.2 TERA Universal Adapter (Single)
R163054 - TERA Universal Adapter for 1 GHz (Single)
LT IV-Cat8.2 GG45 Universal Adapter (Single)
R163056 - LT IV-Cat8.2 GG45 Universal Adapter (Single)
LT IV-Cat8.2 EC7 Universal Adapter (Single)
R163055 - LT IV-Cat8.2 EC7 Universal Adapter (Single)
LT IV-Cat6 / Class E Patch Cord / MPTL Test Adapter (Single)
R163058 - LT IV-Cat6 / Class E Patch Cord / MPTL Test Adapter (Single)
LT IV-Cat6A / Class Ea Patch Cord / MPTL Test Adapter (Single)
R163059 - LT IV-Cat6A / Class Ea Patch Cord / MPTL Test Adapter (Single)
LT III/IV-CAT6A/8 PLA Replacement Tips (Pair)
R161050 - LanTEK III/IV Replacement Tips
LT II/III/IV-Battery Pack (Single)
R161058 - LT II/III/IV-Battery Pack (Single)
Sapphire Care Plan 1 Year
SCP1YR - Free repairs, free calibration, free loan unit, free shipping and free accessories.
Sapphire Care Plan 2 Years
SCP2YR - Free repairs, free calibration, free loan unit, free shipping and free accessories.
Sapphire Care Plan - Fiber (Per Pair) - 3 Years
SCP3YF - Free repairs, free calibration, free loan unit, free shipping and free accessories.
Sapphire Care Plan 1 Year - 10% Discount
SCP1YRN - (1 year - 10% discount included when purchased within 60 days of purchasing a new LanTEK III/IV)
Sapphire Care Plan 2 Years - 10% Discount
SCP2YRN - (2 year - 10% discount included when purchased within 60 days of purchasing a new LanTEK III/IV)
Sapphire Care Plan 3 Years - 10% Discount
SCP3YRN - (3 year - 10% discount included when purchased within 60 days of purchasing a new LanTEK III/IV)
Power Supply / Charger
151051 - Universal Power Adapter
LT III-RJ45 to RJ45 Patch Cord (Single)
6011-50-0001 - LanTEK-III Patch Cord
Sapphire care plan
COMPLETE PROTECTION FOR YOUR LANTEK® III/IV CABLE CERTIFIER
The new Sapphire Care Plan for LanTEK® III/IV cable certifiers is designed to help minimise down time, reduce the cost of ownership and protect against unforeseen repair bills.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Can I test end-to-end links and device-links with LanTEK IV?A: Yes, both with LanTEK III and LanTEK IV.
- Q: How many tests can I run with a set of PL tips?A: According to standards, an RJ45 plug must withstand 750 insertions which is achievable for a quality patch cord. The tips of the LanTEK IV PL adapters are designed to withstand at least 2000 insertions under normal circumstances.
- Q: How often do I need to replace the PL adapters itself?A: TREND uses a high quality and very durable but still lightweight cable. Under normal use, this part does not need to be replaced during the lifetime of the product.
- Q: Channel adapters are sold as single pieces, PL tips are sold as pairs – why ?A: When using channel adapters, it may happen that only one adapter gets damaged by a faulty patch cord. Therefore it makes sense to only offer single adapters. However, PL tips will only suffer wear due to a large number of insertions which most likely will always happen on both adapters , therefore both tips most likely will wear out same time. Therefore offering the tips as pairs makes more sense.
- Q: Does LanTEK IV have any troubleshooting functions?A: Yes. First of all, LanTEK IV features a wiremap with distance to fault to locate severe faults. Secondly LanTEK IV offers TDX and TDRL to locate crosstalk and return loss faults along the link. This enables users to locate even small issues.
- Q: Is the LanTEK IV troubleshooting able to locate shorts between a pin and the shield of shielded cables?A: Yes. First of all, the wiremap distance to fault indicates the approximate location of a shield. Secondly, a short between a pin and shield causes a huge return loss fault. The location of this fault can be accurately displayed by the TDRL feature.
- Q: At consolidation point links, is LanTEK IV able to distinguish if a crosstalk error stems from the jack at the end of the link or from the consolidation point?A: Yes. With the TDX feature, the user can see where there is a crosstalk problem along the cable. If the consolidation point contributes too much crosstalk, it will be visible in TDX. The user than can disconnect the extension from the consolidation point and re-test the link to verify if the link than meets specs or not.